Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Things I Get Excited About....

Two "projects" this summer included one that was planned, and one that was unexpectedly necessary. The first was building shelves in my basement storage. I wish I could show a picture of the 'before,' what my space looked like when it was a cluttered mess. But, here is the 'after,' once I built 5 shelves along the front wood paneled wall. All of the materials for these shelves cost under $20 and I still have 2 shelves left over and a box of nails. So, seems like a cost-effective and space-saving project.



The second task was to replace the broken toilet seat that my roommate accidentally snapped. Still not sure how that happens. Replacing a toilet seat may seem like a simple task, and I won't argue with that. However, choosing from the 40 different options at Home Depot suddenly becomes daunting, as choosing the right toilet seat can be as important as any other piece of furniture in your house. And I must say, I'm very excited about the seat I chose. Not only is it stylish and consistent with the other stainless fixtures in my bathroom, watch what it can do!!




It's called the Whisper, and I think the name is obvious. Only a better name would be something like "The Super Awesome Whisper," because it is super awesome. I think my favorite part of this is watching people's initial reaction. When I tested it for Colleen, the brief moment of fear and panic on her face was priceless. The "Oh, that's cool!" factor makes spending an extra $10 worth every penny. So, there are two things I've done this summer. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment