Friday, August 21, 2009

Roommate Woes

Since my roommate moved out in August, I once again started my search for a new tenant. The last two times it has been very easy. I interview a few people, the person I like is interested, and we agree to make it a deal. This go 'round? Nope. Not easy. I have interviewed and emailed with several people now, some who are clearly not a good fit, and some who aren't even worth meeting. I'm sure they are all nice people, but when I email someone to ask if they are interested in seeing it and they respond, "Oh, snap, I done gone signed papers for another place," I am happy I did not even take the time to meet them. But, the frustrating part has been that I've met at least two people who seemed great, seemed very interested, and ended up bailing. They either wanted to live with someone who had a dog (why not ask that at first then) or wanted to stay living with their girlfriend. I wish I could afford living here on my own for a while without having to worry about getting rent to help with the mortgage, but I can't. So, I'm planning to meet a few more potentials before Sept. 1 comes. Oh, and woops! Just got an email saying she's changed her mind. Nice. Thanks. I suppose it's all for the best if people are going to be that wishy washy. Where are all the dependable people? Well, hopefully this weekend brings me out of this string of bad luck with the tenant search. Otherwise, I done gone made an error assuming it'd be easy to fill this second room!

1 comment: