Thursday, August 6, 2009

Did I mention....

I like beer? After frisbee practice tonight I joined Colleen and her work friends at Deep Ellum in Allston. My brother has been dying for me to go there since they have a great draft beer list, but it's taken me this long to get there. So, all in all, I was impressed. The beers may be a tad expensive, but actually not that bad. Burger was good too. So, I had the "Jack D'or" from Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project (a newer brewery in MA), which is a saison. Quite good! I finished with the Ridgeway "Export" Stout, a very strong, British, dry imperial stout. This was awesome! Very strong, chocolatey, and very drinkable. Have two of those and you'll be seeing double. I let Colleen's British friend (whom they were celebrating because she was going back to England) have a sip, telling her it's kind of like Guinness but stronger. Her comment: "This is much better than Guinness!!" Very different beer when you put the two side by side, but I would actually agree. It only gets a B+ on BeerAdvocate.com, but I think many of the reviewers there have very high standards for stout, so that's a good score. Long story short, I'll be going back to Deep Ellum! Good times.

1 comment: