Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wood....

The main purpose of the title of this post is to poke fun at Jake, because he tries to take credit for inspiring me to start my blog in the first place. One of my first posts about my veggies was quite similar to his. So, if you read Jake and Mary's latest blog post, you'll notice the similarities, at least this time.

However, I'm titling this "Wood..." because I need some to knock on. Many of you know of my agonizing efforts to find a roommate over the past few months. Finally, I think I have one. At least, I gave someone my keys today, and she gave me a check. As long as that check doesn't bounce and she doesn't use those keys to steal all my stuff while I'm out at work, I'm golden! I hate the fact that that's actually in the back of my mind, because that kind of stuff happens. So, I'll just knock on wood and assume everything will be good. Now where can I find that wood?

That reminds me. Did I ever tell you of my ingenious invention, co-created with Corey, that involves the simplest yet most widely needed materials? I call it the "Knock On Wood Block." Basically, it's a piece of wood. But oh! It's so much more. Not only is it wood, but it's wood specially designed to bring you luck, as well as those whom you are trying to send good vibes. We first came up with this during the 2004 World Series, during which Corey and I felt compelled to knock on wood at every single moment the Sox needed a little luck. And if you forget what happened.....they won. All thanks to our knocking. Just think of it! This block could be designed for any occasion, any home team, personalized, whatever! It's portable, light, and can come in any shape or size based on your personal needs. The production costs would be low and the value, well, that's priceless if it does for you what our knocking did for the Sox. Of course, I'm a social worker, not a business man. But, I'm convinced this could go places. If anyone out there wants to go in on this with me, maybe make a small investment, I'm ready to go. Just don't steal my idea and leave me in the dust. I'm not in a trusting mood lately.

Maybe later I'll tell you about my idea for selling bottled water outside clubs at 3am on the weekends. Well, that's pretty much all it is, so that's the idea.

1 comment: