Saturday, November 7, 2009

Not Slowing Down

Sunday is brewing day! The next beer is going to be a Barleywine, a style I have never made before. It's going to be a hefty one, too, which I'm excited about. I'm doing another all-grain batch, since the first went off so well. This one is almost twice as big, though, using about 16.5 pounds of grains!! The only tough thing will be to be patient enough to let it condition, as stronger beers often need a few months to mellow out. So, it'll at least be ready for Christmas, but most likely it'll be better by February, March, and perhaps even next winter! I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, and I forgot to mention my other challenge. Colleen is totally ditching me in order to go baking with someone, so I'm all on my own. The literature often advises brewers to enjoy a brew throughout the process. I guess I'll have to enjoy double the amount since she won't be there to drink hers! Can't argue with math.

No comments:

Post a Comment