Thursday, August 25, 2011

One of the Many Rewards of Getting Engaged!

Yes, I got engaged! I am the lucky man who has the privilege of marrying Ms. Colleen Barber. I can't wait. This is obviously enough reward I need. However.....

I currently have in my possession two bottles of Sam Adams Utopias. I believe they are from 2007 and 2009. I have resisted opening either of them in the interest of saving them for "special" occasions. I'm sure between 2008 and now I have experienced several special occasions, but none of them felt Utopias-worthy. Deciding to open a $150 bottle of beer needs to be carefully considered! With that being said, I cannot think of any better occasion than celebrating our engagement to finally crack open the 2007 Utopias. What else could be more of a special occasion?! So, this weekend, I plan to sit down with Colleen, my parents, and my brother to share this amazing ale. Stay tuned for my evaluation!




3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'd say our engagement is definitely the perfect occasion for a Utopia. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought the rally would be a good occasion...guess that is more of a keg beer kind of event--does utopia come in a keg? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it!! Had the Utopias and it was better than ever expected. Could it match the value of the occasion? Celebrating the engagement of Mike and Colleen? Well, no other beer would have been as appropriate and I thank you, Mike, for letting me participate in the experience!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete